Thursday, March 1, 2007

I Got Blog Tagged

In case you're not familiar with this concept, the way it works is that when another blogger tags you, you're supposed to post five things about yourself that other people might not necessarily know, and then tag five other people in turn. I just got blog tagged by my old buddy Ashesh Badani (stay off the kerosene Ashesh!). Here goes:
  • I once got out of a speeding ticket because the car I was driving was so old that the cop couldn't believe I was actually speeding and figured his equipment must have malfunctioned.
  • I once ate a guinea pig. Really. It's a delicacy in Peru, and quite tasty.
  • I love African music and have a pretty good collection of CD's.
  • When I finished my undergraduate degree, I wanted to be an academic, and enrolled in the PhD program in Computer Science at Columbia. I was ABD (all but dissertation) when I realized that academia was not for me, and got a real job :-)
  • My paternal grandmother was British, which makes me a quarter British and three quarters Indian.
I am going to tag: Nikhil Roychowdhury, Mrinal Desai, Dave Beisel, Arun Natarajan and Hunter Walk.