Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm Back (With News)

My apologies for the long silence. I've been working through some recent developments in my professional life. In fact, they pertain to the focus of this blog, so I will share them here. If you've read this blog with any regularity, you know that I am very optimistic about India's growth prospects over the next 25-30 years. Sustained growth for 25+ years is transformative - we've already seen how 15 years of growth (since the 1991 reforms) have utterly changed the urban landscape. This is arguably the most profound development globally that I will witness in my lifetime. I'd like to participate in it, and help where I can, rather than watching from afar (in my case, from the Bay Area in California).

With that in mind, my wife and I have decided to move to India. We will leave the Bay Area in a couple of months, and move to Bangalore. I will join the Google office in Bangalore (they're hiring!) as a Product Manager. It's an exciting role, in a great company, at a time of enormous opportunity. I can't wait to get started!

I intend to keep blogging, during and after the transition to India. I hope that the changed perspective I can bring from being on the ground in India will be useful.

Thank you all for your patience during the long period of silence. I'm back in the blogosphere and would love to hear from you! Send me your comments and thoughts! In particular, if any of you have moved from the US to India, I would love to get your advice as we plan our move back.